These fraudulent activities usually involve sending people a request for personal information, making job offers and/or requesting fees for recruitment-related expenses.
SERB never requires candidates to make payment during a recruitment process. SERB does not offer candidates a role without having a formal interview. If you receive a genuine job offer from us, whether the offer is made directly by SERB or through an agency, you will not be required to pay any money towards administration, interview, or travel fees. We recommend that you do not disclose personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
Protect yourself against employment fraud
- Check any documents for poor spelling and grammar – this is often a sign of fraud.
- Beware if the agent provides a webmail email address such as @Gmail @Yahoo or @Hotmail.
- If you are contacted through a LinkedIn in-mail, please ensure that you review the full profile of the recruiter sending the message to check the legitimacy of the profile.
- We do use third parties to support recruitment activities. You should search the name of the company on the internet if you receive a communication from an outside recruiter or agency.
- Check the SERB / BTG recruitment website to confirm that the position you are applying for exists.
- Contact SERB / BTG directly or through officially listed contact details to confirm a job offer or any interview process is genuine.
If you are unsure of the legitimacy of a communication you have received, please contact: email@example.com
If you believe you have been contacted fraudulently please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and provide as much information as possible about the role you have applied for as well as the communication you have received.
If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a fraudulent recruitment process, please contact your local authorities.
SERB shall not accept any liability with regards to the representation made in any fraudulent communication or its consequences, and such fraudulent communication shall not be treated as any kind of offer or representation by SERB.