Today we launch SERB Pharmaceuticals – a new brand to unite three legacy companies – SERB Specialty Pharmaceuticals, BTG Specialty Pharmaceuticals, and Veriton Pharma – with a common purpose and new corporate identity.
SERB is a growing, global pharmaceutical company focused on emergency care and rare diseases. For over 30 years we have helped treat complex and life-threatening conditions. We have supported clinicians, healthcare systems and governments while offering hope to patients and their families.
SERB began as Société d’Études et de Recherches Biologiques, a small Paris-based business, and grew through a series of acquisitions and licensing agreements to become a mid-sized European specialty pharma company. In recent years the acquisition and integration of BTG Specialty Pharmaceuticals and Veriton Pharma dramatically changed the reach, scale, and capabilities of the group.
These are a few ways the company has developed that will enable us to fulfil our vision of improving the standard of care for patients around the world:
- A Global Presence: Our 400+ employees are spread around the globe, with a footprint that covers the US, Europe, Middle East and Australia. Our ability to supply medicines extends to more than 80 countries, including Japan, via our combined distribution network.
- A Fully Integrated Pharmaceutical Company: Our capabilities now cover the entire pharma value chain from end to end, including research, manufacturing, and commercial, as well as strong in-house regulatory, quality, medical, and pharmacovigilance. Learn more.
- A Broader Scope: In addition to having one of the broadest antidote portfolios in the world, and a leading position in countermeasures for Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) threats, our diversified portfolio now also includes a growing number of medicines for rare diseases—such as neurological and metabolic disorders.
- A Growth-Oriented Platform: The rebrand signals our intention to expand our offerings in critical care and rare diseases — whether through acquisition, licensing of new medicines, or in– house research and development (such as our programme to develop a new antidote for ricin poisoning).at we are now
What changes — and What won’t
Several changes reflect our new identity:
- A new website: To reinforce that we are one company, we are moving to a single corporate website. And in recognition of our global presence and broader ambitions, we are moving from SERB.eu to SERB.com. Over the coming months, our employees will take on @serb.com email addresses.
- Our new brand: We’ve introduced a new logo that represents our collaborative partnership with clinicians, healthcare systems, and governments. The logo suggests movement to represent our dynamism – we’re agile, alert, and always working proactively.
- New leadership: The company’s Executive Committee is now made up of executives from both the legacy SERB and legacy BTG businesses, as well as new talent from outside the company. Learn more about our leaders here.
- Greater focus on ESG: We’re putting more of a focus on Corporate Responsibility, with new efforts targeting social responsibility, environmental stewardship and corporate governance (ESG). Earlier this year we cemented this commitment by joining the UN Global Compact.
- Retained Values: Our employees continue to share the same core values: we put our patients first, make every decision with integrity, work together openly and collaboratively, and keep searching for new and innovative ways of working. Learn more about our Values.
- Commitment to quality: We will continue to develop, manufacture, and support our products, providing the level of quality you have come to expect from us. These products can continue to be ordered in the same way and through the same channels. The rebranding will have no impact on our supply agreements or contractual relationships.
We will continue to operate in the United States as BTG Pharmaceuticals and some of our unlicensed medicines will continue to be sold under the name Veriton Pharma.
What the future holds
Our new corporate identity represents a renewed commitment to helping providers treat patients in new and better ways—whether that’s discovering new life-changing antidotes or building on our track record of acquiring innovative new assets. We hope that you are as excited as we are to see what the future holds for the new SERB Pharmaceuticals.